SETTING UP YOUR SPEAKERS
Amplifiers/Receivers can be damaged by being incorrectly hooked up. If the speaker wires (Positive and Negative, also known as POS & NEG) are shorted (touching one another via bare metal while powered), the amplifier will become damaged and often require extensive repair. This will cause the unit to go into protection mode or blow the protective fuses and go dead.
To prevent amplifier damage:
1. Do not plug the amplifier AC plug into the wall until the speakers are properly connected.
2. Use one continuous wire to each speaker. DO NOT splice one wire to another for additional length. Use a minimum of 16 gauge wire.
3. Trim and twist the ends of the wire as shown to about 1/2" in length.
4. Attach wires to speakers first and then to amplifier. Be sure that POS on the speaker goes to POS on the amplfiier and NEG on the speaker goes to NEG on the amplifier. DO NOT CROSS WIRES!
5. If binding posts are used as shown, hand tighten securely.
6. Plug in AC and enjoy the music!
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me and you can start adding your own content and make changes to the font.